Website Link: PowTrader
Facebook is really easy tool to use for posting things for sale but it has some weaknesses when running a classifieds type group.
- no good way to categorize items
- no good way to search through items
- no easy way to extend a post if it hasn’t sold
- After a period of time listings have to be cleaned out resulting in individuals have to re-post their items and there is no easy way to extend their post if it hasn’t sold yet.
- individuals forget to remove items or “want to buys” when they sell, making searches confusing and frustrating
- since the Grinnell For Sale Facebook group is such a big group, items move down the group’s wall very quickly and are hard to find
- many individuals discuss price using “Comments” rather than ”Private Messaging”, which often leads to unkind and rude replies, hurt feelings, and less of a positive community spirit
Why use Powtrader?
- It’s free.
- We will not sell or give away your email or any other personal information.
- It’s easy to use.
- Powtrader is designed for local Poweshiek county residents.
- You are able to easily categorize postings and do keyword searches.
- Individuals can easily “un-publish” their “for sale” items or “want to buys” if they have been sold or fulfilled.
- Listings are designed to expire automatically after one week, unless you choose to extend them. (You will receive an email notifying you that your listing is going to expire.)
- Since items are categorized and searchable, a person’s listings can be easily found. There is no need for bumping posts.
- Easy to “private message” individuals about items or “comment” to ask open questions on postings without providing private information.
- You decide how much personal information you want visible, like phone number and email address; otherwise just use Powtrader's private message system to handle all contact between buyer and seller.
- When posting garage sales you can post pictures, categorize your sale to showcase what you have for sale, (baby clothes, toys, appliances, etc.,) and have a map automatically generated to show when and where the sale is.